Friday, May 14, 2010

Number One

It started out as a simple work event about 12 weeks ago. Be a Busy Season Buddy. I work for an accounting firm where our busiest season aligns essentially with tax time. So, each employee is invited to be someone's "buddy" during that time to help them get through the stress and have a little humor/fun/recognition in their life.



So, I'm Charlotte's Buddy. I know that comes as a surprise to you, but apparently it was no surprise to her. I like to think I'm creative. Funny. Insightful. Thoughtful. But with the first gift....well, maybe the second one, she was like, "I know it's you." So, it's become a game now to cheat, lie, surprise and delight her. At least now she thinks it's a toss up between me and another person. Or so she says.



And this Monday, it will finally be revealed that I am the World's Greatest Busy Buddy. (Let's not go into how it happened that 'busy season' got extended into mid-May instead of ending at April 15.) So I thought my first blog post would be a commemorative of the funniest, most creative thing I've done in awhile. I think it's a good segueway into the next funniest, creative-est thing I hope to do....this blog. But more on that later. Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment